Thursday, June 22, 2017

Remembering the unforgettable

Today is the "Day of Remembrance" at UCSF Benioff Children's hospital. This is to remember the children of UCSF/BCH who passed away. This is my second year going. It is a sad, sweet program to honor those children, from tiny preemies, to cancer victims and everyone else who lost their fight.

I am bringing this picture of Maggie and her friend Tyre. This is from their "prom" date. Prom is in quotes because Tyre was in the hospital and did not get to go. Maggie and I went to the hospital beforehand so they could have some time together. His mom had him all dressed up to match Maggie's dress and he had flowers at the ready. Tyre was a ladies man. Just take a look at the way he is looking at Maggie.


Tyre passed away about a year after Maggie did, and then Tyre's mom passed away shortly after that. I feel like it is my duty - and honor - to remember Tyre today.

And Maggie is at the forefront of my mind and my heart, today and always.

I remember him. I remember her. It's not hard to do. They were both unforgettable.

I salute all the children and all their families who remember them everyday.




4 comments:

  1. And we will remember them as well, today and always ...❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still always thinking of her.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love their coordinating colors. A beautiful pair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveliest pic ever. Pure teen love!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.