Monday, July 21, 2014

reporting from Boston

Busy week with not a moment to post. 

I find myself 3000 miles from home in a hotel room in Brookline Massachusetts. I am attending a conference at Boston Children's Hospital on patient communication as a family representative. It is very interesting  and I am impressed that they want the voices of families at the table.  And UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital invited ME who is not exactly a shrinking violet, they know I will have opinions and I'm not afraid to share them. Hence,I know they really want the family perspective. 

I love Boston.  I lived here for a year after college and considered staying. Then winter came the second time and I ran back to California with my tail between my legs. I've only been back twice since then, but this place energizes me. I arrived on the red eye early Saturday and stayed with my old friend Deborah. We had a whirlwind visit and today I attended day 1 of the conference.  They used every minute of the day and I have dinner tonight so I am glad I came a day early.   It should have been a week early. I wish I could stay longer but I'm on a flight back tomorrow

My search to find my place in my new world without Maggie continues. I know that wherever I land  I want to use my experiences living in Maggie's World. This conference is a good opportunity to do that. Maybe this will help define things for me.

 I hope so. 

See you when I get back to "the coast" (an archaic term which is still better than "Cali")

1 comment:

  1. I am comforted by the fact that you are out there, teaching people the ropes, how to communicate, how to do it right. I hope your trip is invigorating and that you fly home to this beautiful state safely.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.