Friday, March 28, 2014

Mister Rogers Rocks

I have received so many cards and kindnesses since we lost Maggie. Everyone of them has been lovely and appreciated, and a few have really knocked our socks off, either because of who they came from or what they said or a combination of the two. I thank all of you.

Today I received a card from my friend Kathleen, and it's at least the second one she's sent. This one contained a quote from Fred Rogers, televisions' "Mr. Rogers," who I think we all appreciate a lot more in retrospect  than we did when he was on television. He was a good man with a big heart and did a lot for kids.
Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning
 of something else. I've felt that many times. My hope for all of us is that
  "the miles we go before we sleep" will be filled with all the feelings that 
come from deep caring - delight, sadness joy, wisdom - and that in all the
 endings in our life, we will be able to see the new beginnings. 

The World According to Mister Rogers

I love this. He is right about one thing, the sadness we feel now comes from the deep love we had for Maggie. I sincerely hope he's right and there are new beginnings out there.

 I can't see them yet but I'm not sure I'm ready to look yet. Maybe I'll just go slip on an old sweater and my slippers. 


1 comment:

  1. Such sweetness. It's difficult to write and convey what we think about you, your loss, Maggie -- how beautiful that your friend found something perfect to send to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.