Monday, May 7, 2012

Maggie's entourage

Maggie's off to school but she is definitely in tired mode. We all are. Whew! What a weekend.

Of course the main focus was the prom and Maggie continues to bask in the glow. I read her all the comments from here, facebook and email and she loved them. I think Maggie's joy is infectious. I suspect every girl is just as excited to get dressed and head out to her prom, but high school girls have to be "cool" and not show it. Maggie does not have to act cool so the pure joy comes through.

Maggie told me to say thank you to a few people. Before I forget again, I have to give credit where credit is due. Maggie's costume designer is Anne Marie Hanley. She is the daughter of a friend of mine and has an excellent eye for fashion. I suspect you will all hear her name in the fashion world in a few years. She gave Maggie the dress and matching wrap knowing how perfect it would be on her, and she was right. .

Of course the dress was a tad too large and I had to rely on my friend Rose to do the alterations. My lack of ability with a needle and thread are legendary. Steve does some mending but the work on the dress was above his pay grade. There is no way to do a fitting on Maggie and the alterations had to be done by guesstimate. Rose guesstimated perfectly and Maggie looked fabulous.

Now we have to ease ourselves back into the reality of Monday morning. It won't be easy.




.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes -- the coach turned pumpkin, Cinderella back to schoolgirl.

    Hope you get some rest, though!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.