Monday, March 26, 2012

Make it snappy!

Maggie sat patiently in her chair while Steve tried yet another repair of her headrest. If we can get it somewhat stable, Maggie and I can go out and have some fun. Being stuck in the house on Spring Break is no fun. I just received an email that a repair guy will come to US tomorrow! Yay!!!

Once Steve was done I knew Maggie had things she wanted to say but she also needed to eat. I asked "do you want your talker?" she signed "yes." I said, "Ok, do you want me to feed you first?" She slammed her hand down in an emphatic NO!  She wanted her talker so she could communicate. I laughed and started setting up the talker. That process takes a few minutes. I have to affix the tray and the pole and then the talker. She turns it on and it has to boot up, which takes another minute or two.

I finished and looked at her and said, I know exactly what you are going to say" She smiled wickedly and made this sentence

"Mom, breakfast now, I'm hungry." 

Food tastes so much better when it's ordered.


Steve also entertained Maggie by juggling oranges. if you're stuck in the house, it's good to have an entertaining Dad. (see I didn't even call him a Clown!)

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.