Wednesday, November 23, 2011



It's Thanksgiving. I will be preparing food all day today so that tomorrow is less crazy. Things are not perfect but they are good and I'm thankful for that. I wish Eddie was going to be here, but I'm thankful he and Grace will be together. I wish I could see my mom, my siblings and their families, but I am thankful to have Steve's family coming. I wish the table were already set, but I am thankful to have everything I need to set it.

I am also thankful for:
family, friends, nurses, therapists, teachers, classroom paras, bus drivers, administrators, doctors, my dog, my health, music, crisp fall weather, my city, my house and all the crap inside of it, my dream car (a wheelchair van), turkey,all the trimmings. an over sized refrigerator that is stuffed to the gills, Maggie's joy and her attempt to make noise when she laughs, the Internet, television, books, the smells the house will have all day tomorrow, good wine, average wine, leaves for the table, Thanksgiving colors, people who read my blog, my sons, Eddie's girlfriend Grace, my husband who still makes me laugh, and laughter itself.

Most of all, though I am thankful that no one at my Thanksgiving table plans to go shopping at midnight and that we won't lose one holiday preparing for the next.

Off to chop!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.