Sunday, April 25, 2010

Monkey Monday

Monday.

Time to get back into the swing of things. The best way to to that is to have a strong cup of joe from my new Monkey cup. It's amazing -- I drink coffee and immediatlely start swinging from the scaffolding.

This weekend was great. Any weekend that starts out with a gift of a monkey mug can only be great. My sister Mary gave it to me because 1) we've had a rough go the past few weeks/months/years and 2) I love monkeys and chimps. You have to love the handle.

On Saturday we took Maggie to Golden Gate Park with Aunt Mary and made another visit to the Academy of Sciences. Sunday we went for a walk at Crissy Field. The weather was INCREDIBLE. There were a million people there and everyone had a smile on their face. Maggie pointed out the bridge for confused tourists (uhhh - it's RIGHT THERE!)  and posed in front of Alcatraz with Dad.















Saturday was #1 son's 22nd birthday. That is unbelievable to me. I know he had fun and I'm glad, but I miss the days of birthday parties with a bunch of little boys running an obstacle course or heading to the "Big Park" (the playgournd in Golden Gate park). Now the parties are different and I'm no longer invited. Ahh well. I'll just drink out of my Monkey cup and all will be well.

This week will see the completion of the house painting. It's 95% complete now and it looks fantastic! It has given us a renewed interest in things. I will post pics when the scaffolding is down.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie :D

    I'm portuguese, my name is joana. And I have a funny thing on my blog for.. it's funny maybe you like :D

    The post is " Desafio :D"

    Hope You liked! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.