Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Just passing through

Just want to check in to say you won't be seeing any new posts until next week. My aunt's sudden passing means 50 million things have to be done in the next few days. I have about 48 million done already.

Of course all of this happens when Maggie is out of school. I said I was looking for different kinds of outings to keep her entertained, but meeting the medical examiner, taking trips to make arrangements at the cemetery and gathering photos for a memory board were not on my "to do" list. My mother said Maggie can write the best "what I did on my summer vacation" essay when school starts in a few weeks.

In the flurry of activity, I have had the opportunity to speak to numerous cousins, my uncle and all of my siblings and several of their kids. We have laughed over many things as memories of my aunt are shared. I am reminded, once again, how very lucky I am to be part of this amazing family.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your wonderful aunt. I bet Maggie is enjoying all of these new errands, but I bet you are exhausted from trying to do so much with her in tow. best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.