Thursday, August 13, 2009

Girls on the Go

Time for another sporadic check-in. Jeez I have so much to do I haven't had two minutes to write anything.

Today I took Maggie on our daily outing. We left about 8:45. We drove Tim to work and then drove out ot the beach where my brother lives to drop off a box of stuff he forgot. We chatted with him for a few minutes and then headed for the Mall. I've been promising Maggie a trip to the mall for a while now. We were almost there when my mom called. I pulled over to talk to her, which took another 10 minutes of so. Finally we arrived parked right near the elevator and I started unloading Maggie. It was 10:05. She was in desperate need of suctioning after all that time riding around.

It was then I realized I forgot the suction machine. That is a first for me. I tried not to panic. I cleaned her trach the best I could and got back in the car to drive home. It's probably 4 or 5 miles to the mall and it takes about 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic. That was the L O N G E S T ride home I can ever remember. I was so afraid her trach was going to clog off.

Maggie was fine. I ran in the house and grabbed the machine and ran back down to the car. I suctioned her and she just looked at me, annoyed that we were parked in front of the house and she hadn't even been out of the car yet. It took a while for me to calm down from the "close call" that may not have been close at all. Once my heart rate returned to normal I realized she really is much better since they did that procedure last month. That is BY FAR the longest she has ever gone without suctioning.

I asked her if she wanted to go back to the mall and she signed yes and gave me a big smile. SO we headed back over there, walked around and didn't buy anything. Just like teenage girls -- only one of us is a wee bit long in the tooth for that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.