Friday, July 24, 2009

Streak comes to an end

Our longest ever streak of staying out of the hospital (as an inpatient) has come to an end. Maggie has pneumonia and despite my lobbying to care for her at home, she was admitted late Thursday afternoon. She could not keep her oxygen levels up without supplemental oxygen and as the fever started showing up I figured I better call. Given yesterdays procedure and anesthesia, they can't take any chances.

I'm sure we will be here for the weekend (blah!). One young resident said something about a 7-10 day course of antibiotics and I said "WHAAAAAAT ?" She looked nervous and I said, we'll just wait and see how it goes. She is not a "decider." I know if it's possible the docs will let her go home and continue oral antibiotics. A few days will determine that.

So, for now, here we sit. The things about pneumonia is it gets worse before it gets better. No fun for Mag or any of us.

I did see the GI doc today in the hallway. He asked why we were here and I told him. He asked if they were going to find anything in her lungs. Hahahahah. Now it's just a funny joke. . I just smiled and said, Maggie's like a box of cracker jacks, there's always a little prize.

Actually, he's a really nice guy - this medium makes it sound like I don't think so.

Thank God for Wi-fi!

3 comments:

  1. Keeping you guys in our prayers.
    We are also in the hospital at the moment with pneumonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just catching up! So sorry to hear Maggie is in the hospital. I hope they let you out soon and that she gets better quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope she gets better soon and you get through the hospital doldrums.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.