Thursday, September 25, 2008

The checks in the mail

I finally received payment for the nursing from August. The deal is that the Golden Gate Regional Center reimburses me once a month for the nursing expenses. This nursing deal started on August 23, so there was just a week of expenses in August. It took three weeks to be reimbursed for one week of nursing.
The delay was due in part to the check being lost in the mail. It had to be cancelled, and reissued, so that added a week to the wait. Ok, that can happen. However, I really need the money to make “payroll” this week. So I drove downtown, paid to park and went in to pick it up.
I was surprised to see the reimbursement was short. It was only $147 short, but there was no explanation, no nothing. This is not enough to cover a single 8-hour shift, so I was mystified. I deposited the check and questioned the shortage. I was not about to give them another week to investigate. I got an answer yesterday. The explanation just blows me away.
The last shift of August was a night shift on August 31. The Regional Center will not reimburse the few hours after midnight because those expenses were incurred in September. I have to wait another month to get those 5 hours reimbursed.
I will get the $147. But could this BE any more difficult? September’s bills will be for 30 days and nights, and the cost will be over 4 times the August bill. Except for September 30 after midnight. That I will recoup in November.
I am playing a game I cannot win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.