Monday, August 25, 2008

Dance of Joy

I like to think of myself as interested in and open to new things. And I am, really. But as the last days of summer fall away, I find myself craving the predictability and schedule of the school year. I can organize myself, and my day when I know Maggie will be in school. In fact I did a very brief version of the Dance of Joy when the school bus door closed. It was brief because I haven't slept in two nights.

We did go on our little adventure up the coast. It was beautiful, but exhausting. Maggie's health issues were there and added a little more to our already busy schedule. She really did ok, but we kept on top of it. Maggie needs something done every second and digging through the multiple bags of supplies to find the needed item was frustrating. At home things are arranged and organized - ok, maybe not organiazed, but we know where things are. We can do things alot more efficiently. Maggie was very excited to sleep with us and could not settle down. Steve handled the first part of the night and I did the second. Neither of us slept much and I was lucky enough to have the oxygen and suction tubing going over my body all night. But waking up to see the Pacific ocean and the cliffs of Mendocino county was not too shabby. This was the view from our room.
Even lying awake is restful when you're looking at that.

Restful yes - but a night's sleep is a nights' sleep. The new nursing arrangement started last night and I was looking forward to the nurse arriving so I could fall into bed. But in a cruel twist of fate: SHE DIDN'T SHOW UP!!! No Call, no nothing. ARRGH! So I was up all night again last night. I did sleep in the lounge chair in her room for about an hour so I am areally ready to rock and roll today. Actually, I think I'll hit the hay right now. Don't call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.